Saturday, July 26, 2008

Little Bighorn

I've just finished touching up "Little Bighorn" today. I've added another green shrub in the right above the sheep. I've used some darker colors in the grasses behind the sheep as well. I think it's a bit more balanced now and I hope you like it.
Now that I know where this herd lives I'll be sure to visit and paint there whenever I'm in Fairmont. These bighorn sheep are really quite fascinating to see up close and I'd love to be there when they come down for drink again. I've done a bit more reading on these sheep - apparently this little fellow must have been born this year. If he was older than that he (or she) would have little horns.
Here's a close up of the little guy...
Have a great evening and a lovely, restful Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment