Thursday, October 1, 2009

Altered book spread – HospitaliTEA

I’m posting this in the airport – Chicago’s O’Hare.  It’s very loud here!  I’m sitting just inside the security gate and it’s funny to watch the contortions people go through to get back into their shoes.  They are also insisting that everybody with a belt on remove it for the inspection – I can’t describe some of the funny scenes, haha.  I’m glad it’s not me.

Heidi spread 1 Now, on to art.  I’ve shifted gears to Heidi’s book and her theme is HospitaliTEA.  I’m still in sewing/embroidery mode and I was inspired yesterday [when I should have been packing] and sat down at the machine to whirr it up.  On the right we have a lady’s skirt with apron…  trimmed with TEA words.  Tea m, Tea l, Tea k Tea…  On the left I traced a teapot and cup on [window light box] and messed around until I got a zigzag stitch that mostly covered my lines.  I added the reference to Hebrews 13:2 “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.” 

My flight leaves in an hour and I’m looking forward to a short flight and a long nap.  I was up way too late last night as always happens when I’m excited to get going and mindful of all the things I might forget!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment