Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brave another way...

I did some experimental "playing" this week, pouring acrylic on canvass and literally watching it dry. Wow, the pigment can take quite a trip across the canvass. the colours move, blend, and displace each other, depending on the water content and the relative weight of the pigments. Anyway, I find it fascinating. The result of two painting sessions was this canvas...

 
This morning I put on some music and asked myself what this pretty coloured canvas wanted to be (okay, okay... I know that sounds crazy) immediately a quote from T.S. Eliot came to mind "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." So, I hand wrote another "risk" quote: "Be you, bravely", and painted the entire background. What remains is a colourful script.
Of my various attempts, I like this one the best. I have just a tad of puttering, and the sides to do before I call this one done. Cheers!

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment