Thursday, May 25, 2017

Flight of Fancy [16'x20', mixed media on 1.5" gallery wrap canvas]


This is my submission to the Federation of Canadian Artist's upcoming juried exhibition called "Muse".  What is it that drives you to create?  We all have a muse...whether we're creating a perfect report for a school project, the perfect Saskatoon berry pie [yum!], or a piece of art.

Sometimes I just feel like throwing colour around so I make "starts".  This canvas began months ago with a lot of random colours and shapes.  One day I picked it back up and imposed a grid system and, as I doodled and glazed I began to see a blue shape emerging.... a "Flight of Fancy".  You can see this piece at the FCA gallery on Vancouver's Granville Island from June 6-18, 2017.  If you're in the Vancouver area drop by and check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment