Saturday, February 21, 2009

Collage again

"If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all" Michelangelo

I admit here and now that I am struggling to put together the skills necessary to paint, as you can see I am in very good company. Perhaps the "struggle" is not really the right word. Challenged is better - and I do love a good challenge!
I began another collage this week and here is it's beginning. The collage unit is the first exposure I've had to acrylic painting. As a result, I've been working hard to keep my concentration on collage and composition. I've shown the value pattern I'm working from in the top left. I have a good deal left to do on this collage. Lots of painting and puttering and dealing with those very straight lines in the top left. More tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!


1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty...it is helping me as I struggle to do my creative writing. This is hard work sometimes! :-)

    ReplyDelete