Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Saguaro Sunset

saguaro sunset

I’ve had an amazing day in sunny and HOT Arizona (sorry all you Alberta people).  Temperature reached high nineties today but there was a slight breeze to take the edge off.  Quite tolerable rolling into and out of the pool. 

I sketched up the saguaro cactus behind the house here and put him front and centre with a little pal in a quick desert sunset watercolor.  It was fun. 

I’m really enjoying blogging since I discovered Windows Live Writer.  I do the entire blog posting on my laptop and when I click on post it logs on and makes it all happen.  Lots of options for formatting and jazzing things up – looking forward to trying some of those too!  Check it out here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl,
    I really like your saguaros. They have a luminous and mysterious presence--much like their true personalities in the desert. You've done well to capture this quality.

    Glad you enjoyed the heat wave in AZ. We Tucsonans don't venture north to Phx, if we can help it, after May. It's way too hot up there. Wait. It gets pretty bad here, just not quite so blisteringly hot as those crazy Phoenicians.

    Hope you took lots of photos and will paint some more of the desert.

    ReplyDelete