Friday, June 27, 2008

Jackamanii and mosquitoes


My daughter Candice & her little ones have been here visiting since Monday. Today they left for Saskatchewan to visit their memere and the entire Orieux clan - the first reunion weekend for Candi in 3 years. So, since their departure at 5:45 this evening I have been resting, reading and... I have done this quick sketch of my blooming Jackamanii clematis. When I say quick l mean it -the mosquitoes are horrible despite sitting in the smoke of a citronella candle. Wow! l definitely had no time to fiddle with this little painting. There are a few jerky pen lines caused by swatting while drawing... next time I'll spray before I venture out. This is my first clematis and it has lovely huge flowers which are really quite impressive! How does your garden grow?

Wishing all my fellow Canadians a happy Canada Day long weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment