Monday, June 16, 2008

Lennard Island Lightstation

I snapped a photo of this view of Lennard Island Lightstation when Kim and I visited there in March of 2006. We were out on the "west coast of the west coast" whale watching this particular day. I admit that I messed with the sky color... and I'll even admit that there is too much sky for proper composition but for now this is how it looks. I loved the Canadian flag proudly waving....

I found a great little poem penned by Donna Phillips Roberts when she was asked by RR Wolf, the editor of the Splash series "Why do you paint?"...

I paint to share that part of me that marvels
at mountain lilies
drenched by morning yellow light

I paint to share that part of me that gasps
at giant cedars
glittered by filtered lace-like light

I paint to share that part of me that sings
at pristine waters
shimmered turquoise by skies reflected light

I paint to share that part of me that jubilates
at jumping trout
jeweled, gilded gold by day's late light

I paint to shre that part of me that awes
at earth abundant
filled with feeling, pure delight

Have a wonderful day friends!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment