Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Manitou Springs sketches

This was my first opportunity to grab my sketch book and paints and make a dash for a painting session. I thoroughly enjoyed the painting process - all of these sketches were fast - I was running out of light. The first picture is a quick 5x7 sketch done quickly in my sketch book with a sharpie marker and my mini palate of colors. I was attracted by the lovely door and the solid rock structure - true colorado!. I will need to spend some time to do a painting of this door - I find painting doors very engaging.



In the garden just below where I sat to sketch the door of the church there was a single, lovely, Iris. She had a yellow border on the petals and the center of the flower was entirely white. I was amazed at this lovely flower... I sketched it in my 5x7 book and I threw in a few more to keep it company....




0 comments:

Post a Comment