Friday, November 6, 2009

Altered Book spread – Tea

Many of you know that I’ve been involved in a collaborative altered book project since May.  I got off to a late start due to the birth of my grandson Kai in May so I’m just winding up now.  I have this spread and one more to tell you about. 

tea 2nd spread

The hospitali-tea theme for Heidi’s book has been fun.  It has brought to mind all the fun tea-parties I’ve attended over many years - first as a child, then a mother, and now a grandma.  We could all stand to have more of the simple joy of a child’s tea-party.  On the left page I transferred a photo of 2 little girls entertaining each other and their doll.  Weeks ago I found some colorful photos of china in Sheila’s [thanks] stash and I collaged these on the right side along with a quote from George Gissing, “the mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose”. 

Have a cup of tea with a friend soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment