Thursday, December 10, 2009

Acrylic applied as in "oils" fashion… and more paintings for sale

Last week my Monday painting class homework was to work on a painting using acrylic paints thickly, somewhat like is done with oils.  The week had shot by with NO time for me to sit down to experiment.  Monday morning I awoke at a decent hour and got busy.  I used a palette knife to do all but a few glazes over the entire surface.  This little painting [about 5”x6”] was simply to get a feel for how the materials works with heavier mediums added to them.  It was  a lot of fun – I just played! mountainsHere are some more of the  paintings that I have available for sale:

“Cosmos” [$50] and “Lilies" [$50] are both double matted  and backed with archival material ready to pop into a standard 8.5” x 11” frames.

  IMG_0177 IMG_0178

“Manitou Day Lilies” [ $60] and “Apple Blossoms” [$50] are both double matted and backed with archival material ready to pop into 12”x12” frames which are quite common.

IMG_0185 IMG_0186 If you have questions about any of my artwork please don’t hesitate to email me or call 403.242.5445.  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment