Friday, July 8, 2011

Reflection of Lemon [oil, 6”x8” on panel]

After working us hard for several days Carol sent us away to set up and paint a still life of our choice.  And I’ve got this thing about a little blue medicine bottle that I picked up at an antique store in East Coulee.  Since i also love citrus fruit and the reflections they make in my favorite bottle the photo on the left was my still life subject.  On the right is my painting.  Carol Marine had this suggestion as she made her rounds.  In the case of glass like this painting the darks first isn’t necessarily the best way.  She said “just block in that bottle plain blue for now and go back and add the low lights and then high lights.  I actually like how the little painting turned out.  Blue/yellow is one of my most loved color combinations and has been for my whole life.  reflection of lemon setup reflection of Lemon

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment