Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Today’s Picks [8”x10”, oil on board]

Today's Picks

In my little front garden the chives and the Lady’s Mantle are blooming side by side – a wonderful confusion of red-violet and lime green.  I selected a few of the stems – yes, I realize 5 chives would have been more “right”…  but I felt a bit rebellious as I selected these and made four work [I think].  The squat little marquise shaped vase was a bit of a scary shape to paint.  I just blocked out all “vase” thoughts and looked at the light and dark patterns.  I did my best to capture the biggest ones and I think it’s working. 

My daughter and son-in-law [Kim and Kyle] are off to the Calgary Stampede for the evening, leaving our grandson, Parker, with Grandma and Grandpa for the evening.  This will be the first 24 hour + period of separation for mommy and Parker.  Hope it goes well…  have a great day all!

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl,

    I come to you via Twitter - thank you so much for the follow. I'm following you on FB as well. You can find me here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian-Sylvester-Fine-Arts-Painter/162545830459605

    Your work is lovely, and I am very happy to have found your blog here.

    Namaste,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete