Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Color studies




Well, it looks like I'll be able to paint again later this week. Yipee! I've painted with the little girls over the holidays but nothing serious. I'm craving some painting time so whether or not I still have company, I WILL be painting on Thursday for sure! I've missed it and I can't wait.
These color studies were completed back on December 17th in preparation for a larger painting. I did them in my sketch book and I must use too much water to make this work well - lots of buckling and far harder to lift anything (IMHO). Anyhow, I'm now considering what I'll paint when I get back to it late this week. All the family votes to date tell me to paint the one with RED trees! Interesting, I like it best too but I thought they would balk at red trees.

Hope to see you here tomorrow!




0 comments:

Post a Comment