Monday, May 9, 2011

Last Drift in Bowness [oil, 12x9]

I made it out into the fresh air today to paint.  I chose Bowness Park as it’s close to home in case I forgot anything and dog friendly.  Farley enjoyed about 10 minutes of the 2.5 hour session and then he was cold.  Lesson learned.  He stays home.

Spring Threatens WinterThis was a fight to the finish.  I spotted this last little bit of snow hiding behind some trees.  The was a nice, sunny path above and a bare stick forest behind.  This is on a north exposure so nothing has budded up there yet.  Sad really.  But the light promises so much warmth to come.  I think I learned a few things on this one…  at least I hope so.  I used far less white and found that helped to not kill the colors.  It was fun.  Might be a scrape tomorrow though.  Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment