Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Golden Products - a few learnings

I'm shopping around for a few golden fluid acrylic colors that I've seen used in class or on a DVD recently as well as a good price on Golden's soft gel gloss medium (lots of transfers in my future ;). I've checked at a few stores: Michael's, Mona Lisa's, Opus & Curry's online and I thought I would provide the results for those of you that are interested in such things. You'll need to double click on the photo above to open it up large enough to read.

The result of the bit of study I did on this today is that Curry's prices are best overall. Obviously I didn't look everywhere but who can? It's time consuming. The one exception that I've found so far concerns the soft gel medium. It appears that Mona Lisa's price $32.45 for a 64 oz jar is the clear winner in this category (all others are quite a bit higher per ounce). Another surprise is Michael's price - $29.95 for the 16 ounce jar. With the standard 40% off coupon you come out just a few bucks more per ounce than Mona Lisa's larger jar. [By the way, shipping is free on Curry's orders over $35]

Happy shopping to my Calgary art buddies... apologies for inflicting this on the rest of you.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cheryl for all the work in pricing. I too, want to buy some paint and paper. I am glad you posted the prices as I will refer to them later. Apparently paint that freezes is pretty much garbage so I am going to wait for the warmer weather. I love your blog and read it often. It's a nice refresher of what we do in the Wed. afternoon class! Karen O.

    ReplyDelete