Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Poncho people sketch

Today was busy. This morning I attended my workout and pool session. This afternoon I allowed myself a bit of art time.
  1. I ordered some paint and a small set of caran d'ache water soluble crayons to add to my collection.
  2. Called my mom to solicit a creative "sampler" for my altered book project. Got some great ideas just by talking it over from another creative angle. Always helpful and fun.
  3. Then I dug through some old sewing stuff hoping to find some remnants from my previous creative activities that I might use in my altered book project. Found them.
  4. Made some paper which I may use in my tulip project. Time will tell.
  5. Spent 10 minutes tidying up in my art room and found this little watercolor sketch from April 30, 2008. Bonus! That day Sharon asked the students to lay down several small adjoining wet washes in various colors in our sketchbooks. Then we looked for people shapes in our "blobs" and I saw these South America figures. A few defining marks for hats, legs and poncho trim and I had this fun little watercolor sketch. It definitely demonstrated how simple marks can be figures.
All in all, a good day... I enjoyed it and I hope you had a good one too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment