Monday, August 8, 2011

A 30 Year Journey in Art – Sept 17-18, 2011

I’m excited – I just got jury results back for the upcoming Federation of Canadian Artists 30th Anniversary show and 4 of my 5 entries were accepted!  These are the first oil paintings I’ve submitted for jury so I’m thrilled that they met the high standards of the FCA jurors at our head office in Vancouver.  I’ll have more coming on this in future posts.

Here’s the invitation to the 30 year celebration show…  with my painting “Lift My Eyes” on the far right.  It was a fun surprise to see that on the invitation card! 30 year invitation-1 copy

Here are the 4 paintings I will have in the show:

Today’s Picks [oil, 8”x10”]

Quist,Cheryl,Today'sPicks,8

Foothills Float [oil, 9”x12”] – previously named Scrapescape… Quist,Cheryl,FoothillsFloat

Mari Mari [oil, 12”x9”]   Quist,Cheryl,MariMari,9x12,

Rudiger Ranch [oil, 9”x12”] Quist,Cheryl,RudigerRanch,9

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Cheryl! I especially like your bold & textural brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl - Congratulations! Your work is awesome - I love your brushstrokes! We would love for you to share some of your work on our site (when you have time) http://www.mobileartlounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Cheryl! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy and excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ladies! As soon as this house is unpacked I'll be gearing up for this and excited. Moving is not for the faint of heart! Yawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations- very exciting and really like the paintings:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love those clouds. They're very dramatic and powerful. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete