Saturday, November 6, 2010

If You Could See Me Now [acrylic, 14”x11”]

If You Could See Me Now

I took a painting that I was thoroughly disgusted with and covered it with white gesso [again!!!].  This one was “Good Jumpers” from October 19 in it’s most recent life. 

Today I glazed several layers of  acrylic paints over the heavily textured white surface and experimented with a few ideas.  But, in the end I couldn’t get Chuck off my mind.  I’m also thinking lots about my brother Harvey who is in Haiti right now.  Harv has a photo of Chuck as his Facebook profile picture from their trip to Haiti this past February.  I wondered what would happen if…  and the next thing I know I had contact paper over a blow up of that photo of Chuck and was cutting out a mask.  I used the mask and painted the landscape around that shape.  I kind of like it.  It reminds me that he is in my life still – just not how he was before.  Ciao!

chuck in haiti

1 comment: